I am a daughter of an awesome mom, a DIL to the best Mother in law a girl could have, the wife of a great guy, a mom to two fabulous grown children, and a Mother in Law to my children's caring supportive spouses. But the best is I am "Cici" or "Cease", which is code for grandmother to my four adorable grandchildren. I love being a portrait photographer because everyday I get to go to "work". I love sharing my life and being able to capture yours.

If you were to look inside my head, you would see thousands of images from over the years coupled with thousands of thoughts that seem to surface daily. I am amazed about all the things there are to write about that present themselves to me.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Good Times in the Bluebonnets!


Spring is in the air! You can feel it in the gentle breezes that blow through Houston on these cloudless days. In April, we will see our beloved bluebonnets dotting the roadside along the way to Austin. The arrival of bluebonnets seems to make spring official in Texas. Each year, along with bluebonnets come the other events that spring brings… antique festivals, graduation, spring formals, Easter egg hunts, the end of the school year, family vacations, crawfish boils…good times. When we were at the Wilchester Elementary Art Expo, Cindy asked each group of students when they arrived at her booth, “What do we take pictures of?” One young man had an interesting comment, “We take pictures of good times.”

At Cindy Crofford Photography, we advertise that we shoot pictures of families, babies, and Seniors, but honestly, what we are really photographing are good times. What good times have you had lately? I think in my family good times are birthday parties around our big dining room table, or grilling out on a warm spring night. Other good times are when we take road trips on sunny spring days with the windows rolled down, and our hair flying everywhere. We pile our kids into the car and drive down Texas highways, through places like Gruene, Bellville, Brenham, Columbus. We always have to stop at Bucees to get jerky, fudge, and kolaches. From the backseat, the kids make up games and jokes, and laugh so hard that their orange soda comes up through their noses. As for me, I sigh and enjoy the scenery, knowing that for a few hours, the kids are buckled in, and don’t need anything for a while.

We invite your family for a road trip with us on the 3rd weekend in April. We are headed up to Bellville, Texas so that we can offer photo-sessions of your family in the bluebonnets. We feel certain that you will have fun making a day of it, and we’ll be on hand to capture the memory of your family’s “good times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment