I am a daughter of an awesome mom, a DIL to the best Mother in law a girl could have, the wife of a great guy, a mom to two fabulous grown children, and a Mother in Law to my children's caring supportive spouses. But the best is I am "Cici" or "Cease", which is code for grandmother to my four adorable grandchildren. I love being a portrait photographer because everyday I get to go to "work". I love sharing my life and being able to capture yours.

If you were to look inside my head, you would see thousands of images from over the years coupled with thousands of thoughts that seem to surface daily. I am amazed about all the things there are to write about that present themselves to me.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Past and Present...We've always provided choices for you!




One of the joys of this studio is watching children grow. Kristen, (not my daughter, Kristen) has always been good about photographing her precious daughter, Josie. Here are some images of Josie when she was little. Here are some that we did in late 2008. Josie’s grandmother, Sharon (who is one of the prettiest women you will know, both inside and out) came in today to order from Josie’s pictures that were taken when she was little. She never could make up her mind which one to choose and so ten years later she still did not have a picture up of Josie as a little girl. We talked about how many cute images there were and how each one would have been a good choice.

Here’s the back-story. I have always wanted to give you lots of choices. This comes from my experience with my children’s first visit to a professional photographer. The photographer was just doing what he always did. Kristen, my daughter, cried most of the session and there was not any time allowed for her to become comfortable in front of the camera. This resulted in an “I guess this one will do.” decision of her one-year-old picture. I decided that my business would give people choices. I still stand by that decision, but I am considering the fact that too many choices leads to indecision, confusion and frustration. So here’s the point of the blog: I will still give you choices, but I will do a heavy edit to distill it down to the very best of the best. Feel free to give me input. If you like lots of choices, that is what I will give you. If you prefer a minimalist approach, I will hone them down to my very favorites. I promise that we will have some beautiful images for you to put up on your wall that will bring years of pleasure and the process will be memorable, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment